Join us on the Campus of Texas Southern University for a presentation of the documentary Be the One followed by a Panel discussion in January 2020!
Be the One was developed by the Office of the Attorney General of Texas, and provides an understanding of what human trafficking is and is not, identifies vulnerable populations that are more likely to be victimized by human traffickers, identifies indicators of human trafficking and methods of reporting to the authorities, and highlights cases of human trafficking prosecuted in Texas. The documentary features actual stories, told by the actual victims, that have taken place here in our state.
The panel will include survivors, law Enforcement Agencies representatives as well as community and advocacy groups
- Ms. Yessi D., Survivor/thriver
- Dr. Lila Ghemri, Professor, Department of Computer Science & Moderator
- Ms. Cynthia Aulds, Director, Coalition to Combat Human Trafficking
- Sgt. Marty Kuehn, Harris County Sheriff’s Office, Human Trafficking Unit, Human Trafficking Rescue Alliance Task Force
- Ms. Kathy McGibbon, Survivor
- Ms. Jaenette Milazzo FBI and Human Trafficking Rescue Alliance Task Force (HTRA)
- Dr. Ashraf Mozayani:, Professor, Executive Director of Forensic Science & Moderator
- Ms. Iris Resendez, MPA National Partnerships Manager, BCFS Health and Human Services-San Antonio
Refreshments Will Be Served.
For more information, or to sign-up: